HUMILITY: PICK IT UP!

 

 
  


   HUMILITY: PICK IT UP!


So many people go through life plagued with pride because they feel less than or inadequate or severely insecure about who they are and what they have to offer to the world. So, they may pump themselves up a lot or be desperate to control everyone and all situations and end up alone and sad because they never get what they want from people or out of life. If you are too proud then you are headed for a fall as we all know the verse in the Bible that says “pride cometh before a fall” in Proverbs 16:18.  Proverbs is the book of wisdom and that means what we read there should be front and center in our hearts and our minds so we use wisdom every day in everything that we do. If you are not wise you will make a lot of mistakes especially when it comes to matters of the heart. When we deal with people in our relationships, we have to remember to humble ourselves and listen sometimes and have compassion and empathy. If you lack that you will not be happy with the people you are in relationship with and you will probably lose them. I know an old friend who is headset on controlling me as much as he can, but he never really does anything to control me. I am friendly with him but he is not friendly with me and he ignores my heart like I don’t exist, like I don’t matter and I am not important but my spirit and my heart know differently. He is extremely insecure so much so that he can’t seem to say what he wants to say so I know he is too proud and too insecure to budge. He plots and schemes to come up with a plan to control everything I set out to do for him or with him and it never works for him but he keep repeating the same vicious cycle over and over again and it gets him nowhere. So, I have cut him loose. You can’t be friends with someone if they are too headstrong about controlling you and coming up with their own ideas to present to you instead of listening to anything you have to say. That is not a friend. I get that now and I know I cannot force anyone to do what I want them to do. If people truly care about you and love you then you will know by their actions towards you. The sad part is if you know they love you, but they don’t show it because of their insecurities or pride then it is more challenging to let them go. You can try to get through to people as best as you can but if it doesn’t work and they don’t bend your way then I say let them go. It’s not worth it to overwork yourself to get to the heart of someone if their heart is not in the right place. It won’t work out for you and that means they need to be humbler and just listen to their heart otherwise they risk losing their mind and never getting what they want. I know you guys know at least one person in your life that does everything they possibly can to control you or everything under the sun. 

We are not here to control people or situations or circumstances or things. We have to back off and let go and see what happens and stop feeling so insecure like we are not worthy enough because someone else came up with an idea and that means we have to listen to their idea. That’s disturbing and pathetic and sad. So, take a listen to Joel Osteen’s message about being healed through humility. Humility is not that hard. It just takes a willing heart to feel better about who they are and what they can do so they won’t feel so insecure or jealous or unconfident about what someone else is doing or what they have or what they suggest. It’s irritating when people are so desperate to be heard and listened to, but they refuse to do the same for others. You can’t build any relationship that way so I hope you take something positive from this message and it helps you learn how to be humble and your heart will be healed when you give up the desire to be in control all the time. As Joel says in his message, it will also help you be more obedient to God’s will for you and your life so you can fulfill your destiny on this planet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lust vs. Love

Extra post from the last post entitled "Soulmate Stuff or Madness"

High School Is Over! Just Say What You Need To Say!